6.08.2012

A few things...




Everly,

Here is a list of a few things that I hope you never forget and always remember and are reminded of daily...

Your Creator made you wonderfully!  When I was pregnant with you, I always imagined what you would be like and what you would look like...and I feel like no matter how amazing I dreamed you up in my mind, God dreamed you up a million times more amazing then that!

You are gorgeous!  You get looks and stares from every direction.  You get so many comments on how beautiful and pretty you are.  One of the best things that I hear as your Mommy, is when you give people that heart warming smile of yours and people say to me, "She just made my day".  I feel like in that moment people get the smallest glimpse of who you are, yet it's enough.  That smile of yours is enough to move mountains in peoples hearts.  (By the way, you make every single one of my days!  But you don't even need to smile, I love you any way you are!)

You are such a little charmer.  You are 7 months old and that little personality and character is shining through more then ever and I think it's just going to get better and better with every month and year!  When I say "charmer", I want you to know that I mean that you charm people not only with your outward beauty, but your inward beauty as well!  I feel like even as little as you are, you care so deeply about others.  You have a heart that cares for others and I never want that to stop.  Your Daddy and I saw your compassion at even just a couple months old...some people might think that's crazy, but it's so true!  My hope for you is that you love God and people with your whole heart.  That you would never lose your compassion for others and that you will love others more then yourself.  I think one day you will have a passion to love on people that need it most.  That you will love the unlovable and embrace those who need to be embraced.  I pray that your inner light would shine and shine...and that you would let it shine for one purpose-for the Lord!

You are such a happy and content little thing.  As you grow from being a baby, into a toddler, into your teens, then to your adulthood, this is one thing that I hope you never change.  I pray that you are joyful in all things and that you are content and happy with little and in the little things.  I pray that you find your true source of joy and contentment in your Savior above all else.

And we urge you, brothers(EVERLY), admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all.  See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone.   Rejoice always,  pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.  Do not quench the Spirit.  Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good.  Abstain from every form of evil.  Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.  1 Thessalonians 5:14-24  This verse is my prayer for you, sweet girl!

You are SO loved!  I love you so deeply and sometimes I wonder how this kind of love is even possible, because it is so intense.  I sometimes feel like i'm going to burst, because I just can't get enough of you.  I'm so thankful for you and so grateful for the absolute privilege it is to be your Mother.  You also have a Daddy who is head-over-heels for you.  And grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins...and one day you will hopefully have siblings and if you do, I know they will adore you just as much as we all do.  

So Miss Everly June, when you read this one day and I hope you do...I hope these things are the things you know and that they ring true in your heart.  But not because they are words written down for you to read, but because as your Mommy, I hope I remind you of these things very often!!

I love you Sweet Pea!
Love,
Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment