3.06.2012

His love is deeper

I seriously don't know what to expect from one day to the next.  I sort of like it that way...to simply live in the moment.  But I do know that this love, it only gets bigger...deeper...wider...stronger...for Everly.

My mother-in-law pointed out to me the other day that this love that I have for Everly is like the love that our Heavenly Father has for us, only His love for us is even stronger and constant.  This amazes me!  I seriously don't think I ever fully comprehended my Heavenly Father's love for me as His child.  I mean, I knew He loved me.  I knew He made me His and made me in His image.  I knew that His love was so deep for me that He sent His Son to the cross for me.  But now after making that statement..now that I am a mother, to the most precious little being - to the one I call my own.  Now that I have a child, a beautiful wonderful daughter.  Now when I make the statement, "He sent His SON to the cross for me", I pause.  I take a deep breath.  I shake a little.  My heart starts to pound.  And I realize I know...In that moment, I know how much my God loves me.  His love is so hard to fathom or even begin to comprehend, but in the smallest, yet most overwhelming way, I feel it so deeply, when I think of the cost of His sacrifice.  His Son!  Jesus!  His precious Jesus - the one He called His own.

This is the verse we picked out for Everly before she was born.  And this is my prayer for her everyday!  This is something I want her to be for sure of everyday.  To know and live for.  I want her to live every moment drenched and overwhelmed in His love.

May Christ dwell in your heart through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:17-19 ESV)












1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Bri, for sharing. You provided a tears-in-the-eyes moment as once again I am confronted with God's love. I love you!

    ReplyDelete